Internships make candidates more competitive in the job market, they are the key for building experience as a student or recent graduate. Employers are much more likely to hire someone with internships and work experience rather than a fresher without experience. Many internship opportunities help to set the foundation for career. Internships are a great way to gain hands-on exposure of working in the real world and professional experience that will be valuable during job search. A major part of having an internship is learning
more about the field, as well as individual personal strengths and weaknesses. It also allows students to harness the skill, knowledge, and theoretical practice they learnt in their school/college/university. Even the experience of trying something new is extremely beneficial.
Benefits for Students
- Internship allows student to test out their interests and develop their long-range career plans, and provide a basis to select elective course work which integrates their studies and career goals.
- The Opportunity To Learn More About Yourself
- Provides Real Life Experience and Exposure
- Get Connected and Develop Your Professional Network
- Transition Into A Full-Time Position
- Receive financial compensation
- Develops skills
- Gives you an edge in the job market.
- Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
- Gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to your resume and/or enhance your application to
- graduate school
- Create an advantage over other job or graduate school applicants
- Provides a better understanding of what is expected if one is to succeed in the workplace.
- Helps you learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
- Gain industry knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals
- Develops human relations skills through interaction in career settings.
Benefits for Employers
- Find future employees
- Increase visibility on college campuses
- Test-drive the talent
- Increase productivity
- Improve your employee-retention rate
- Enhance perspective
- Take advantage of low-cost labor
- Find interns free-of-charge
- Give back to the community
- Apply the latest in techniques and technology
- Support students
- Enhance your social media outreach
- Foster leadership skills in current employees
- Improve the overall work environment
- Benefit your small business